Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

*APB* - Need A/C wiring diagrams for a Daihatsu

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #41890 by Tyler
Teammate has a Daihatsu Hijet in his bay, complaining of no A/C. We've charged it, and there's still no compressor engagement. Compressor engages with 12V applied to the clutch. Someone has already been into the HVAC control head with wire nuts...

We desperately need service info for the A/C system, but Mitchell and IDFix don't have jack for this thing. Which makes sense, since I'm pretty sure this thing was never sold in North America. Can't punt it to the dealer, because, well, there is no Daihatsu dealer. :silly: So how did it make its way to Kansas? Great question.

We're not even really sure what model year it is. :blush: I grabbed some pictures of the closest thing I could find to a VIN plate:

Don't ask me about the Transformers thing - I got nothin'. :silly:

I'm hoping the international community around here can help us out on this one. Description/operation, wiring diagrams, whatever. Even a point in the right direction would be sincerely appreicated. :cheer:
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Tyler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41899 by Hardtopdr2
Is the steering wheel on the right side. I remember driving those in okinawa.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41900 by Hardtopdr2
Did you check the hi side and low side pressure switches? They will dissable ac when they fail. Just jump terminals and see if clutch kicks on.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41902 by jaivs26
That's a hijet mini truck S83P i found a service manual but for a S84 with no A/C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
3 years 9 months ago #41909 by Darren
Welcome to my world Tyler!! 90% of the jobs we work on are like this. No information and very lucky if you do find something applicable!!

This is what we do in Africa when push comes to shove, you have to remember though that most of our aircons when in use are set to max cold.

This is what we have done in the past. We run a supply line through a relay to the compressor with the control circuit of the relay coil going through the pressure switches and then through a standard fridge thermostat which we mount inside the cab where the cold air comes out so it doesn't freeze. Sorted!!!

He he he; not sure what your customer will think of that but hey ho that's the African last straw fix not ideal, it works.

There's a saying here in Africa, "When a lion is hungry, it eats grass"

Btw: I've had a search around my internet haunts and didn't come up with something of value to share with you.

Good luck bud.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 9 months ago #41912 by Noah
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler, Darren

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds