Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet

More
3 years 9 months ago #41670 by alades
I have been troubleshooting some issues with a 1989 Cabriolet. It has not been run very much in the past several years and will only run off of idle if you manually lift up on the metering plate. I have replaced both fuel pumps and filter but did not replace the accumulator. I feel there may be an issue with the valve that the metering plate is attached to having a bad seal, as from what I know the plate lifts up further as more air is passing past it. Is this correct? The plate only lifts up about an inch at most unless you manually lift it. There are also electrical issues with this vehicle as well, but I can wait on that for later (I just replaced the fuse box but didn't help with the electrical system).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41764 by grumpyvwman
Fuel filler neck rust out and fill while system with rust

Vw tech in england

More
3 years 9 months ago #41769 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet
Sounds like Bosch K-Jetronic. Been so long since I've seen one I can't much about them other than needing a small long hex key to adjust something on 'em. Did find this set of articles which might help.

www.tasteslikepetrol.net/2020/02/bosch-k-jetronic-basics/
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds