Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

(Fixed) Code P0600

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #41435 by jconiber
(Fixed) Code P0600 was created by jconiber
(Fixed) I have a 2015 Ram 1500 4x4, 5.7. The truck was sitting for several months after a wreck repair. I drove the truck several times with no issues and no lights. Upon starting it to take it for my salvage inspection the check engine light was on with a P0600 code. My Autel scan tool is showing readings from all of the modules. My also resistance is 60 ohms. The scope forms don't look too bad but I'm using a low level OTC scope so it's hard to see it. The truck seems to be running fine. Is there a better way to troubleshoot this? I am to the point of ordering a new PCM. Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by jconiber. Reason: Misspelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41438 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Code P0600
WEIRD. :huh: I've honestly never seen a P0600. Brand new code to me!

The service info for P0600 definitely makes it sound like a PCM problem... Is this a hard fault? If you clear it, how fast does it come back?

Even though the SI says to stick a fork in the PCM, I'd still test powers/grounds anyway.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41441 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Code P0600

jconiber wrote: Upon starting it to take it for my salvage inspection the check engine light was on with a P0600 code. My Autel scan tool is showing readings from all of the modules.

Are you sure it's showing all the modules that are installed on the truck? And have you scanned all modules for codes? Or even the ECM for OE codes. Might be something there pointing to a specific module.

With the vehicles history both collision damage and rodent damage are possibilities which may have taken a module offline. Since you've got 60 ohms at the DLC the bus is intact end to end but that doesn't mean a branch hasn't been cut somewhere or a module is dead.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41445 by jconiber
Replied by jconiber on topic Code P0600
I am not sure if it's all of the modules or not. The code is instant. Sets even before the truck starts. There have been multiple other communication codes but they were all easily cleared. I haven't located a list of all modules yet. I also unplugged the bus taps at the plug under the dash, so I'm thinking I forced most of the other codes.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41446 by jconiber
It is definitely a hard code. It sets even before the truck starts.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41451 by Tyler
I'd suggest a battery disconnect at this point, before going into powers/grounds and replacement.

Disconnect both battery cables and short them together. Have a cup of coffee/sammich/whatever, then put it back together and see if the code remains.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41454 by jconiber
I did this overnight at the beginning. Still not 100% on my scope picture. I will have to look more closely at the set up to be sure I'm seeing what I should be.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41458 by Tyler
Ah well, worth a try. :lol:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see that a network problem would cause this. :unsure: The SI set condition talks about a communication failure between processors, not separate modules. As in, one IC on the PCM board has an issue with another IC on the same board.

I'd still go with power/ground testing before pulling the trigger on a new PCM.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41461 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Code P0600
SI is never wrong :lol:

Agreed on checking powers and grounds. I'd also check the 5V references are OK, and if any are down make sure they're not shorted to ground.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41463 by Tyler

Matt T wrote: SI is never wrong :lol:

Yeah, you got me there. :blush: :silly:

More
3 years 8 months ago #42341 by jconiber
Replied by jconiber on topic (Fixed) Code P0600
So, after much deliberation and testing, we decided to replace the PCM. We ordered a reconditioned plug and play unit that was supposed to be ready and shipped in 1 day. It took 3 weeks and wasn't shipped until 3 days after we cancelled the order. (Company refused to cancel because they had already shipped the unit. The program date was 2 days after we cancelled. F'n crooks) Anyway, upon initial install it started the truck fine but gave us about 20 different module codes. We had to do a full code delete and it's been fine since. No codes at all and the truck even seems to be running smoother that before. Thanks for all of the insight on this issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
3 years 8 months ago #42343 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic (Fixed) Code P0600
Thank you for getting back to us with the fix!

If you don't mind naming names, who did you order the replacement PCM from?

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds