Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

06 Tacoma a/c light flashing

More
3 years 10 months ago #41377 by GoalieMike
When I turn on a/c the light on button flashes.. blows Luke warm air from vents, I replaced ac relay no change- truck will be sitting for a week- have not looked at compressor yet or system- belt was changed a few months ago due to miles and it being original belt - 127k on truck- - plan on getting a manifold gauge set when I get back
Any suggestions from you guys on this ?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #41893 by John Clark
I don't know specifically on this vehicle but often a blinking light means you've asked for something that the computer has a reason to not give you. Most likely it's low on refrigerant and the computer isn't turning on the compressor. In most cases you need around 30psi in the system to turn on the compressor. It might even be cycling below that threshold, building up and turning on, then dropping low again. That's a symptom of low refrigerant.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by John Clark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds