Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Two wire CKP sensor question

More
3 years 9 months ago #41492 by Darren
Replied by Darren on topic Two wire CKP sensor question
Just an update on this code 14 thrown on a 1996 Hilux Surf with a 1kz-te engine. I retarded the pump timing ever so slightly and bingo! No more engine check light shouting code 14! Why the timing was out I have no idea because no one has adjusted the timing on this vehicle. It does say the the factory manual though that code 14 is related to the TCV (Timing control valve) being more than 7 degrees off TDC. I have saved the waveforms on the Snapon and I'll take a look later to see if there is some definitive way of determining timing relationships between the NE, TDC & TCV signals from the before and after images.

Thank you all for your contribution to this thread. And the answer to my question on the thread title, i found the best results on the waveforms using ECU ground at the ECU and taking the sensor readings from the ECU rather than the sensor itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guafa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds