Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 Isuzu KB 300 loses power when under load

More
3 years 8 months ago #41287 by makolers
I am having trouble with my car.

My 2005 ISUZU KB 300, I believe it is sold as the Holden Rodeo in the USA, starts normally in the morning but after about five minutes of driving it loses power and stops responding to the accelerator and the idle speed increases to 1250 rpm. It does this regardless of engine temperature and only when it is in gear and I’m driving. It has a Bosch VP44 electronically controlled diesel pump.

I have changed the fuel filter and air filter but it still does the same. Oil level, coolant level are correct and the fuel does not seem to have any contamination.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #41290 by Hardtopdr2
You may want to check exhaust backpressure the dpf filter could be plugged up or cat is plugged.

More
3 years 8 months ago #41392 by makolers
Sorry for the delayed response, I only have a chance to work on the car on weekends. I did check the exhaust back pressure got 2 kPa(0.3 PSI) so that is good. I also checked the throttle body and I cleaned it. Fuel pressure also seems normal. Could the EGR system cause this problem and if so how can I test this system?

More
3 years 8 months ago #41395 by Hardtopdr2
Do you have any codes stored or in history for engine, trans? This could be several things.

1. Low fuel pump pressure from failing pump or clogged filter
2.Fuel injector issue (restricted or clogged)
3. Tps dropping out
4. Failing map or maf sensor
5. Transmission issue (pressure control solinoid, shift solinoid) these would kick codes but not necessarily a check engine light
6. IAC solinoid failing
7. Valve adjustment issue
8. vvt issue with solinoid if equipped
9. Timing issue either with a failing cmp or ckp sensor or pcm or wiring issue
10. Egr not closing after warmup
11. Low coolant level / overheating?

More
3 years 8 months ago #41396 by Hardtopdr2
With the idle increasing to 1250 the could be the dpf regen cycle the computer will do every so often ti clean dpf filter and cat out. Can you look at the data pids for the backpressure sensor and let me know what they say with the key on engine off and while engine is running. A bad back pressure sensor will cause it to ramp idle up when idling. If its stuck at 52.9 and doesnt move when car is off or on that will disable the turbo if equipped.

Let me know

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds