Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 subaru outback 2.5 sohc 4eat trans cam timing is correct idles perfect

More
3 years 9 months ago #41238 by Fastrider750
lately i have noticed my mpg has dropped from 24 avg to 16 mpg same driving habits and load.also experiencing ping on startup and minor dieseling on shutoff.any ideas before I spend $ on sensors.car is well maintained good tuneup oil&filter every 3000 mi. no carbon buildup no dtc I have noticed sluggish acceleration from time to time.maybe cam,crank or knock sensor?fuel systemand filter are clean I use lucas fuel treatment religously help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41253 by Hardtopdr2
Do you have a scanner with live data capability?
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
3 years 9 months ago #41272 by Fastrider750
yes but limited to live data only ignition timing @idle 15 btdc 36@3500 so those are good a buddy suggested to clean the maf probe as i had a random lean fuel trim both banks did that and will drive a couple days and see if everything returns to normal

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds