Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Toyota tundra lean codes on both banks

More
3 years 9 months ago #41210 by Christian77
Wondering if I can get some info I have this toyota tundra 06 4.7 has lean codes on both banks p0171 p0174 has a new mass airflow and I replaced the I take gasket as there was defenatly a couple misfires when spraying water around intake but still the same fuel trims 28 percent on long terms and about 10 -8 short terms fuel pressure is 44 any suggestions on what to do for some reason the when I spray a small amount of carb cleaner into oil fill cap and fuel trims go negative emidiatly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41218 by tech25
sounds like you have more vacuum leaks, I would hook up a smoke machine somehow to the air intake manifold, and block off the fresh air intake pipe going to the filter as best you can and look for leaks.

More
3 years 8 months ago #41896 by John Clark
To verify it's a vacuum leak you can rev the engine to 3000 rpm and see if the fuel trims improve. If they do, it's definitely a vacuum leak. Then smoke test the intake as suggested above.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds