Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crank no start

More
3 years 9 months ago #41137 by gwadar.advisors
Dear sir, I hope u good, my Audi Q7 crank but don’t start possibly short to ground , can you provide remote assistance I have vas5054 device if you can do remote diagnostics please.
Thankyou sir waiting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41166 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic Crank no start
Any codes stored? What size engine? Miles on car? Is battery fully charged?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, gwadar.advisors

More
3 years 9 months ago #41174 by gwadar.advisors
Replied by gwadar.advisors on topic Crank no start
No sir it’s not showing any codes,92k on clock,yes battery been charged even tried with 2batteries,
I give you little history basically I used cig lighter mp3 blootooth in my car after few hours my dash start noising a distortion but it was a constant distortion voice coming from front dash speakers but when I turn down or up volume it does not effect the noise , I live with that noise about a week & I was travelling & I noticed all of sudden the distortion disappeared & one I got back home & switch off car next morning I was not able to start it crank long but no start so far I have changed starter but my mechanic but he’s diagnosis is on wrong side as I doughted it’s a short circuit ,
Before going workshop I was checking fuse box & 15amp fuse ESP was blown & I tried to change it when I put new it does blow again & again so one of my local electrician cut the wire behind the fuse & reconnect wire & after that fuse doesn’t blow , fuse box location on driver side box.
I want if you can do remote diagnosis via vas5055 A device I have I can pay the charges. Thanks

More
3 years 9 months ago #41175 by Hardtopdr2
By any chance is your esp light on and check engine light as well with car running or key in run position? Is cruise control disabled? If so a high probability is the brake light switch. I would test that part first as a quick Google search brought up numerous problems caused by brake light switch. For 2008 2007 Audi Q7's

More
3 years 9 months ago #41176 by Hardtopdr2
Oh what year is the car?

More
3 years 9 months ago #41179 by gwadar.advisors
Replied by gwadar.advisors on topic Crank no start
Sir it’s 3.0 BuG code engine Audi Q7 diesel uk specs.
No light came on dash before car was dead but after it does give ESP , engine light & glow plug light , my mechanic did check a brake light switch but that seems ok or may be we could not check that properly,I mean the click button ok brake light switch was ok it clicked on & off .do u advise any way to check it properly
Thanks for ur kind reply & help.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41187 by Hardtopdr2
What year is the car?

Ok well let's start with a few basics
Do you have a 5 volt ref with key on at the map sensor or throttle position sensor? This will be measured by back probing a volt meter to the 5 volt reference wire. It should read 5 volts.
Does signal wire from throttle position sensor (some cars have 2 sensors in one unit check wiring diagram)to ecu read 5 volts with throttle closed? What is voltage reading key in on position? Should be between 0.5-4.5 volts
Does fuel pump run when key is turned to on position for 2 seconds? Is there fuel pressure and what is the fuel pressure?

Do the injectors have 12 volts going to them with key in on/cranking position.

With your vas device does it communicate with all modules in car?
What modules can it not communicate with.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds