Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2009 Saturn Sky 2.4L

More
3 years 9 months ago #41119 by Reddie1337
Hey there,

I had a 2009 Saturn Sky 2.4L roll into my bay today, only one current code of a B0081-71

B0081 | Passenger Presence System 1 Invalid Serial Data Received (Symptom 71) - Current DTC, History DTC, Warning
Indicator Requested.

So I verified powers and grounds to the PPS under the passenger seat, and then I scoped the signal wire coming from the sensor in the seat, and I was getting a weird communication voltage around 7.6V

I was just wondering if that would be normal on a Saturn of this vintage?

Here is a screen shot of the data. I've also attached the systemscan and the scope capture. I just thought it was odd at 7.6V instead of a 5V or a 12V signal.

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41122 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 2009 Saturn Sky 2.4L
GM class 2 serial is 7 V nominal pulses so that's probably what it is. Usually it's used for comms between modules though. I haven't seen it used between a module and a sensor.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41124 by Reddie1337
Replied by Reddie1337 on topic 2009 Saturn Sky 2.4L
Looking at the diagram again it was the module in the seat to the main airbag module that I was scoping at not the sensor on the top of the seat.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41144 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 2009 Saturn Sky 2.4L
Module to module makes more sense. Was it a purple wire?

More
3 years 9 months ago #41158 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2009 Saturn Sky 2.4L
Definitely looks like Class 2 message. That year of GM would have switched over to High and Low Speed CAN for most modules, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they still used a dedicated Class 2 between the SDM and the PPS.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds