Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Dodge Caliber 2.0 sxt CRD Diesel engine

More
3 years 9 months ago #41067 by Shaban1477
I have a 2007 dodge caliber 2.0 diesel engine with a lack of throttle response.
pcm set P0488 ,P0344 and some glow plugs codes . The car is in limp home mode
Egr throttle control motor was replaced but did not fix the complaint and I have been called to diagnose this problem.
I checked accelerator paddle on live data and app1 and 2 look ok but still I don't have throttle response.
the reason why I am posting to the group is that I want I wiring diagram for the egr throttle body.
it does not move or click when i control it bidirectionally with scan tool.
i have diagrams for petrol cars but when it comes to diesel i lack information to work on them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #41074 by Hardtopdr2
I would check the turbo inducer impeller to see if it is spinning. Since it's "like a" Volkswagen engine and those little turbos don't do to well when there 13 years old the bearing in the turbo can seize when oil feed tube plugs up from coking of the engine oil when using conventional oil over the recommended synthetic oil.

If oil is found in intercooler tube going to intake the throttle holder which is what bolts to egr needs taken apart and degunked as it will have oil and tar buildup in it.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Hardtopdr2. Reason: Correcting an autocorrect

More
3 years 9 months ago #41095 by Shaban1477
thank you so much for your info. i will go back to the car tomorrow monday and check what you told me because i value your reply.
what you are saying could be through.
your answer makes me feel that you know so much about this engines.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41096 by Shaban1477
Hardtopdr2 i watched a video on youtube of the same car somebody was able to control the egr throttle actuator with scantool but i did that and my did not work so if i can get a wiring diagram for the egr throttle motor i will appreciate it as well.
i want to see how the circuitry works.
because i am a scannerdanner online student. lol

More
3 years 9 months ago #41099 by Hardtopdr2
Not all scan tools will work with bidirectional test. If you have a snapon scanner it should work. As far as the wiring diagrams you can get a subscription to mitchelldiy or alldatadiy.

Alldata link
www.alldatadiy.com

Mitchelldiy link
www.eautorepair.net
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaban1477

More
3 years 9 months ago #41100 by Hardtopdr2
Oh also the egr tube coming from exhuast could be plugged up. If it is I would check exhuast back pressure for a plugged cat or dpf filter.

Good luck

More
3 years 9 months ago #41151 by Andy.MacFadyen
As was suggested earlier in the thread carbon build up on both the pipe from the exhaust and the main air passage.
EGR on diesels get choked with carbon. I cleaned one where all the air going to the engine was going through a hole the the size of a pencil.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds