Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2011 fusion 3.0

More
3 years 9 months ago #41003 by Cheryl
2011 fusion 3.0 was created by Cheryl
Is this fuel injector current ramp enough to call a bad injector. I haven’t done any disassembly yet it’s misfiring on cylinder 2 here’s a screenshot of the scope
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41008 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2011 fusion 3.0
Ohh checked all injectors they are all 13 ohms but cylinder 2 which is 35 ohms

More
3 years 9 months ago #41009 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic 2011 fusion 3.0
Need to zoom in more on current ramp and injector waveform. Is this on cyl. 2?

More
3 years 9 months ago #41010 by Cheryl
No injector waveform is on cylinder 5. Found firing order on google it says it’s 1 4 2 5 3 6

More
3 years 9 months ago #41011 by Cheryl
I’ll zoom in on it when I’m back working on it. Came from a pay here car lot. Has new coil in cylinder 2 and 4 new plugs in all cylinders. Did relative compression test it was okay

More
3 years 9 months ago #41012 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2011 fusion 3.0
That's enough for me. :) I dunno why, but it's always the injectors under the intake on that engine that fail. About 50% of the time, the same injector appears to be wet with fuel.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41013 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic 2011 fusion 3.0
I looked up specs for injectors 11-18 ohms so I would say that injector is failing with 35ohms.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41014 by Cheryl
I’ve never seen an injector fail on this vintage of fusion.9 out of 10 times it’s a coil. Well atleast it has 2 new coils and all new plugs from the buy here pay here lot. With 2 broke plenum bolts.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41016 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2011 fusion 3.0

Cheryl wrote: I’ve never seen an injector fail on this vintage of fusion.9 out of 10 times it’s a coil. Well atleast it has 2 new coils and all new plugs from the buy here pay here lot. With 2 broke plenum bolts.

Oh coils are still tops on the list of suspects! :lol: But I've seen this a few times now on 3.0's and 3.5's, so I just started ramping them as a matter of course.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41018 by Cheryl
I’m getting the cheapest one tomorrow because the car dealer is cheapp

More
3 years 9 months ago #41020 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic 2011 fusion 3.0
It's a good practise to zoom in into the injector voltage and current to spot the actual pintle movement. Without any movement you found the problem. If there is movement you can compare the actual opening time to a known good/working cylinder. The actual opening time is defined by the pintle hump in the current trace - injector opening - up to the pintle hump in the voltage trace - injector closing.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
3 years 9 months ago #41021 by Cheryl
Yea I was just looking for being all the same current at the beginning. I zoomed in after but forgot to take a screen pic.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds