May 29-30th 2020 event at Rosedale Tech has been moved to April 30–May 1, 2021 (29 Apr 2020)

Full refunds will be given unless you want us to hold your spot for next year. Hope to see you there!
www.rosedaletech.org/diagnostics-seminar...aGdvxG1mVYe2wjxQ0mYw

× Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Spark plug removal and install hacks and tips.

• Professorbob
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2020 15:40 #40998 by Professorbob
1992 Ford E350 Cuttaway Class C RV with 460 CID Cubic Inch Displacement. Spark Plug Removal....

Looking for any tips on how to successfully install new plugs on this 460 engine. The vehicle is just turning 70,000. I plan on installing new MotoCraft OEM Original Equipment plugs, plug wires, distributor, rotor and Cap. I remove the back 2 plugs on each side . Those removed must be the 1992 originals as the correct gap is supposed to be 45,ooo gap. The plugs I just removed are at 70,000 gap. Quite the change.

Here is my dilemma. I am s trying to access the front four plujgs on both sides. The OEM heat shield do not allow space to extract plugs. I am working on removing the shield, but cannot see how to get between the firewall and the exhaust manifold. Once the shield, is off, I am Any type of special wrenches to make project possible.?. Please advise if you know of a special solution. If you have suggestions I would appreciate the help. Thanks
Professor Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Matt T
  • Away
More
30 Jun 2020 16:20 #41000 by Matt T
Take a look through the wheel wells to see if you can get the plugs from there. Might be doable with a universal plug socket and the right combination of extensions and maybe a universal joint or two.

• Tyler
  • Letting the magic smoke out since 2011
More
30 Jun 2020 21:39 #41017 by Tyler
Exactly what Matt T said.

If possible, use a jack on one side or the other to raise the frame (and thus the body), while leaving the wheel on the ground. Might give you that little bit extra space needed.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds