Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] Audi Q7 rich running

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #40598 by Cmconnell
I have a 2013 Audi Q7. It keeps throwing a code bank 1 and bank running rich. Both the long and short term fuel trims show large negative percentages. I have checked the fuel pressures of both fuel pumps and they are within spec. I just don't know how to tell which fuel injector might be the problem or what else could be causing this. Also I watch to see if the fuel pressure held and even climbed in bar with a hot engine and it does not go down but goes up as it sits. Not sure how to diagnose.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Tyler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40601 by John Curtis
Replied by John Curtis on topic Audi Q7 rich running
Injector balance test. With a reliable fuel gauge and a bi-directional scan tool and write down each injectors before and after psi values. But...

What are your oxygen/AFR values per bank?

What’s your MAF value?

ECT VALUE, and ambient temp?
Can you pull a vacuum line and force the engine lean? What happens with the oxygen and fuel trim data?

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40683 by ShadeTree
Replied by ShadeTree on topic Audi Q7 rich running
Hello, friend.

Please pull the following data, from Adv Meas Values:

Engine speed
Lambda Control (actual)
Lambda Control (bank 1 sensor 1) if it has two banks pull both
Lambda Control (status)
Adaptation at idle
Adaptation at partial

Increase RPM to 2500 – 3000
If Lambda Control (actual) gets closer to 1.00 and
Lambda Control (bank 1 sensor 1) improves, while
Lambda Control (status) displays Reg.ON

Then that points to a vacuum leak. I have seen rich conditions on VAG with a vacuum leak.

More
3 years 8 months ago #42782 by Cmconnell
Replied by Cmconnell on topic Audi Q7 rich running
I finally after 3 months of diligent searching and asking on forums and testing all sorts of things, figured out.what was going on. The fuel.pumps were both working perfect as far as pressúre was concerned but I never thought about the high pressure pump leaking fuel into the cylinder directly. But that is what was happening. The oil kept rising after I had changed it and the car was running extremely rich all.the time. Just wanted to follow up with the fix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds