Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

finding a short after identifying circut

More
3 years 11 months ago #40463 by johnt
I have identified the circut and fuse that is causing a 4 amp draw. I have also traced that wire back to the instrument cluster as it was shown on the mitchell wiring schematic. there were no breaks and i had continuity. I am assuming there are other circuts on the that line however the mitchell diy does not list them. when I pulled the fuse I lost the instrument cluster and the pwr windows. The wiring diagram does not show the windows on the plan. Anyways, if you have any direction I could follow on this i would be appreciative.
thanks, John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40465 by Chad
What are you working on? Year, Make, Model, Engine? Which circuit and fuse have you identified as being the problem?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
3 years 11 months ago #40471 by juergen.scholl
The redrawn Mitchell wiring diagrams do not show the complete circuits,,,,,,it's just an excerpt of the "sections of interest". Look for the OE diagrams.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #40486 by John Curtis
OE diagrams are absolutely the way to go.

However, I’d recommend using a test light connected to battery power and on the feed side of the fuse. If you have a path to ground (a short) it would light. you can decide to disconnect whatever is on the circuit or do a visual along the wiring. In my experience, a shorted wire typically draws more amperage so I’d THINK it’s a module however, there’s many variables.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by John Curtis.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds