Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Buick lucerne just shuts off while driving for no reason

More
3 years 11 months ago #40413 by bizz2222
This Buick only has 79,000 miles on it when driving down the high way it just shuts off and then won't start for about 10 minutes it does nothing for the 10 minutes I turn the key and not even a click I took the starter down cleaned all the connectors didn't see anything wrong with it I have read that there are a lot of problems with the buicks doing this, it not the relay in the fuse box under rear seat that controls the fuel pump, it does not even turn on the check engine light how do I find this issue? I scanned it and it has some B2555,B3205,B1590. They are all back codes everythseams to work in the car not sure why have these codes I didn't look but I think the are history codes. Any help please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40414 by Cheryl
Check for 5 volts at a sensor under the hood throttle body during the malfunction.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40415 by Cheryl
Or 2nd option would be during malfunction check resistance at data link connector pins 6 and 14 with it powered down. Should see 60 ohms if you see 120 or anything other than 60 there is an issue.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40417 by bizz2222
I will check thank you

More
3 years 11 months ago #40426 by John Curtis
I agree with checking for 5v ref. The codes make me think you have a short that happened. I’d check your fuses and see if you find a blown fuse. Then look for wiring damage if you fine a blown fuse.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40430 by Matt T

bizz2222 wrote: I scanned it and it has some B2555,B3205,B1590. They are all back codes everythseams to work in the car not sure why have these codes I didn't look but I think the are history codes.

The '06ish gm products I've looked at didn't handle B and U codes in the same way as P codes. They only had active and historical status. As soon as the fault clears they get moved to history immediately unlike a P code which has to go several drive cycles before it'll change to historical. So looking them up just to see what sets them might give you some direction. Also clear them out and see if the car shutting off brings them back.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds