Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

OH no something else

More
3 years 11 months ago #40410 by Maine Ranger
Have a 2004 Ford Ranger ..that is driving me nuts..seems every time i open the hood something else is wrong..... Started out last August with a misfire cyl #3 it has a SOHC 4.0 v6 ....Then it told me that it had a large leak in evap system .....Back in Feb I took it to a garage in town sat for a month ..I was told it had blown head or gasket .....OK ..im not loosing any fluid .....Anyhow .....I had two codes before i took it to the shop ..I coded it after i got it back in March and have 10 codes ..........My question is should I start over ??? I am not to educated when it comes to Diagnosing Im 56 last time i work on and engine to this extent the only gauge it has was a gas gauge ...so i am new to this kind of circuits and sensors ...That is why I joined here ..had a friend who said he was a mechanic then after making a deal for him to help I found out that i knew more than he did

Can use help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40411 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic OH no something else

I had two codes before i took it to the shop ..I coded it after i got it back in March and have 10 codes ..........My question is should I start over ???

Most likely, the garage disconnected various sensors, setting codes. Clear the codes and see what comes back.

Is the cyl #3 misfire, still, the issue at hand?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl, Maine Ranger

More
3 years 11 months ago #40427 by Maine Ranger
Replied by Maine Ranger on topic OH no something else
As of right now ...I have no crank or start..just a click in the starter...waiting for some tools...to start a fresh start over ..the engine ran solid for a long time then just starting to fall apart....only has 118.000 on it ..time to start a fresh start with the right tools and information...like i said I'm new to the
Ways they diagnose now adays

More
3 years 11 months ago #40443 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic OH no something else
Did you get it back from the shop starting/running or not?

First things would be check battery, charge of battery, starter (solenoid/relay) and cable connections an terminals.

Do you have a multimeter and a working test light?

As Chad recommends: Get the codes cleared once you get it started , AZ will do this free of charge....

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40445 by Maine Ranger
Replied by Maine Ranger on topic OH no something else
Came back from shop not running with even more codes .......I don't think they even lifted the hood. I found out today my battery wire harness is shredded on the positive side. The truck was never serviced ..I pulled the original battery out and the plugs were cracked...got my hands full I guess

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds