Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 Nissan rogue

More
3 years 11 months ago #40403 by chief eaglebear
Hi I have a 2012 Nissan rogue the brakes are locking up for some reason I could not find a tsb on it,I did see people on the forums having same problem to no avale there is a U1000 code on Ecm or Tcm I believe and there is a mass air flow code too. Another tech was thinking it's the brake booster.!?. My thinking is it is a No Comm with TCM and the brakes locking up is a protectory function !?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40407 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2012 Nissan rogue
Does the tcm communicate with your scanner?? Also check your brake lights I had one brake lights didn’t work had low power replaced switch took care of it

More
3 years 11 months ago #40409 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 2012 Nissan rogue

chief eaglebear wrote: I did see people on the forums having same problem to no avale

I did an quick search and there's so much parts cannon fire it's like being in a war zone:lol: And hits going back to models that probably didn't even have ABS. Did find this one which sounds like it'd be worth checking if the brakes are dragging before they actually lock.

www.nissanclub.com/threads/brakes-dragging-locking-up.514026/

Beyond that I'd be tempted to pull the ABS fuses and see whether that "fixes" it. Quick and dirty hack which should tell you whether it's a braking system or a control problem.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40482 by chief eaglebear
Replied by chief eaglebear on topic 2012 Nissan rogue
FIX: it was a brake booster I guess the mechanic fixed it I overthought this one sorry

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds