Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

19 94 Geo Tracker troble code24

More
3 years 11 months ago #40366 by jonathanbaus
My name is Jonathan i'm a new subscibe on your channel ,I have a troble code #24 I'll tell you all the
test i did so far volte om metter on DC vots black lead on - battery and + test lead and back prob the iat 5 v ref
i get 4.60 volts and pull the conector and the volte still at 4.60 volte and i did om test on wire iat conector and removed the ECM compurter and removed the two connector and do a om reading from battery - post and battery + lead on IAT check for ground wire it tested good

Thank you
Jonathan Baus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40379 by Paul P.
You mention Code 24 but talk about The IAT sensor. Code 24 on this vehicle is for the VSS ( Vehicle Speed Sensor).

The IAT is code 23(Circuit High), and 25(Circuit Low).

If you have a heat gun and slowly warm up the sensor(plugged in) the voltage should begin to drop nice and smoothly. No Drop = Replace sensor.

You can also verify wiring integrity;

1. KOEO unplug sensor should set code 23, may have to run the engine.
2. KOEO unplug the sensor, test lamp between both wires should set code 25, may have to run the engine.

Never stop Learning.
Attachments:

More
3 years 11 months ago #40396 by jonathanbaus
Replied by jonathanbaus on topic Trouble code23
Your figure to you mentioned pulling the ITA sensor wire loose from the connector and I put my test light. Battery positive and then touch the both leads of the connector and then we checked the computer and it showed only code number 23

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #40397 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic Trouble code23
Disregard
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Hardtopdr2.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40400 by jonathanbaus
I have a trouble code 23 I remove the connector on the IAT with a test light to battery I touch both ends of a connector and then I rechecked the trouble codes and it still comes up 23. So then the wires between that IAT connector and the ECM I unhooked the wires from the IAT to the ECM disconnected both ends and I did a back to ground on both wires and they were good

More
3 years 11 months ago #40402 by chief eaglebear
Ok my thinking is it's a IAT right , right so I guess it's a thermistor which makes the reference wire the signal wire. I would check reference at sensor and computer and it would be nice to have a PID for that maybe a temp gun at intake compared with reading , as far the ground no more that .02 v right !? But on both wires after you have test d them carefully and I say carefully because next we will do wiggle test down the line methodically the IAT being part of the cold start up circuit the ecm needs that info to keep car on during cold start and I think to operate fan so I guess do your checks on
circuit and computer and that makes it a sensor

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds