Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 Chevolet Impala will not run o2 monitor.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39963 by Shahanimotors
hey guys i have been stuck with a 2010 Chevolet Impala 3.5 . we bought the car from auction needed a transmission. we replaced the transmission. and then sold the car but in NYS we have to pass inspection in order to retail it. we have drove the car 300 miles and have not been able to set the evap or o2 sensor monitor. we can pass inspection if either one of those 2 monitors get ready. no pending codes , i'm kind of lost on this one. i monitored fuel trim and noticed stft would jump to around -18 intermittly on what seems to be decel. its hard to make it reproduce it tho.
any suggestions would help.
ive done 1000's of drive cycles this one is kicking my butt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39965 by Cheryl
What’s the oxygen sensor voltages and heater current look like on the scan tool?? Also what’s fuel tank pressure sensor look like??

More
3 years 11 months ago #39966 by Cheryl
Key on engine off gas cap off

More
3 years 11 months ago #39969 by Shahanimotors
oxygen sensors flucuate bettween 200mv -800mv . i didn't mention. sensor 2 seemed to be responding slow to me, so we also replaced it with a ac delco sensor. i will get your fuel tank pressure number tommrow. i know evap monitor is extremely hard to set, and we almost never get it to set. i am more focused on the o2 montior.

More
3 years 11 months ago #40024 by Shahanimotors

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #40027 by tech25
Please clear all fault codes and perform a drive cycle as follows:
make sure these conditions are correct before starting
1. voltage between 10 and 15 volts
2. barometric pressure is greater than 75 kPa ( 10 psi )
3. the engine coolant temp is greater than 23 degrees F
4. Intake air temp. is less than 104 degrees F
5. the difference between the IAT, and ECT are within 37 degrees F
6. The engine has been off for more than 6 hours
7. Fuel level is between 25, and 75 %.

fuel level is a huge one, other wise the EVAP monitor may not run.

start engine and idle for 2 1/2 minutes

accelerate, apply 1/2 throttle to 55 mph, hold steady for 3 minutes

decelerate, do not shift, touch the brake or clutch, its important to let the vehicle coast down gradually to 20 mph

accelerate at 3/4 throttle to 55-60 mph, drive steady for 5 minutes

decelerate down to 20 mph.

return to work shop and turn off engine, then let vehicle sit for at least 5 hours,

complete drive cycle again, then park, and turn off car, Evap test should launch after key off

let vehicle sit for 1 hour, then recheck monitors and see if they have all completed.

EDIT.......If this does not work, I would use a scan tool and you can perform the " Evap. Service Bay test " which will guide you through idling, driving, and soaking via the scan tool to force run the evap monitor.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by tech25.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds