Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1992 Ford E350 with 7 liter 460 cid engine no start.

More
4 years 1 week ago #39790 by Professorbob
Well, while I am trying to sort out the misfire on my Dodge Dakota, I have a failure to run with my RV using the 1992 E350 Ford 7 liter fuel injected engine. About two weeks ago on a local trip, the engine that has performed very well for 71,000 just popped and quit running. Good for me it was within half mile of a friends body shop with room to tow and park until I have time to completed the Dodge Dakota posted here.

This vehicle had an issue last year while traveling when it started skipping and we had to spend the nigh on the road to find out that the remote ignition module failed. It is outbound on the driver side fender on this cuttaway van.
I learned at the time that the hall effect switch in mounted internal to the distributor. Short of purchasing a distributor on the road there would have been no other fix, as the sensor requires removal of the distributor, punch out of split pins and removal of the rotor shaft in order to replace that part.

When started trouble shooting the issue, I find that the coil (original) spark but quite weak Will generate an arc only about 1/4 inch to ground. When the problem first happened, The van would attempt to start by spraying some starting fluid in the intake box.

I have several possibilities.
I have planned and already purchased to installed new spark plugs, new spark cables, & distributor cap.

However, before I go to the trouble of pulling the distributor and installing a new sensor, what is the proper process to actually check the hall effect sensor to see if it is operating?
What is the process to determine if the newly installed Ignition module with less than 2,000 miles is still operating properly.
Or if these prove OK what other issues could be causing these problems.
The fuel pump was replaced two years ago.
The only code present at this time is : 67 Park/Neutral circuit failure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #39791 by tech25
are you positive about the fault code?? appears there are only 3 digit codes

edit... noticed 2 digit service codes also..
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by tech25.

More
4 years 1 week ago #39827 by Professorbob
Yes this is an OBD ! code. 67 failure of the park neutral circuit.

More
4 years 1 week ago #39828 by Professorbob

More
3 years 10 months ago #40996 by Professorbob
Just a followup on the Ford 460 engine stoppage. I determined that the issue was in the coil. Installed new coil and All is good with the balloon chase rig.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds