Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Injector problem

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #39471 by Christian77
Injector problem was created by Christian77
I was checking a misfire on cylinder 1 and when doing a balance test it did not contribute at all checked spark and it was present good compression the only thing was the fuel injector was replaced and it did not look like the others so I wasn't sure if it was functioning I checked the ohm reading on it and it had 13 ohms and all the others had 3 so I connected a tool which activates it on and off and it sprays and works so I checked a wiring diagram and it's a 4 cylinder engine number 1 and 3 are United together in the circuit so wouldn't that cyl fail too I checked ground and power and its present what I was wondering is could this higher ohm injector be in the circuit with power and ground going to it but itge current is just going through it and not making the switching to release fuel it's a Toyota 22re 1985

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #39473 by jreardon
Replied by jreardon on topic Injector problem
There's a resistor on the power feed of those 3 ohm injectors that will drop the voltage down when the injectors fire. When you install a 13 ohm injector, it's not going to have enough voltage available to it when it gets grounded to overcome fuel pressure to open up and spray. If you scope the power feed right at the injectors, you'll see it drop down to something low.

In the example below from a 1985 4runner it states it drops feed voltage down to 3 volts when injector gets turned on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds