Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P2431

More
4 years 1 month ago #39388 by autojoe
P2431 was created by autojoe
2008 trailblazer 4.2.can someone tell me the feedback voltage on the potentiometer. I assume it is open or closed signal to pcm. Three wires 5 volt ref signal and a ground. What should signal voltage show when pump is running and solenoid is open? Shows voltage on my snap on and psi. How is psi calculated? Voltage was showing like 2.5 volts and 14.5 psi koeo. Thanks for any input.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #39394 by John Curtis
Replied by John Curtis on topic P2431
Here’s the SI.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by John Curtis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: autojoe, jreardon

More
4 years 1 month ago #39395 by autojoe
Replied by autojoe on topic P2431
Thanks I have all that. 2.55 koeo pressure sensor volts. Air pump on goes to 3.10 volts. Psi goes from koeo 13.9 psi to 15 5 psi with pump running. Don't know what normal is.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #39396 by jreardon
Replied by jreardon on topic P2431
It's drawn as a potentiometer but it's a pressure sensor that reports to the PCM in voltage and the scan tool basically translates that to psi. Your reading of 2.5 volts and 14.5 psi is one and the same. Just observe the human readable pid, SECONDARY AIR INJECTION PRESSURE SENSOR (PSI)

KOEO, your psi and baro should be about the same. [strike]The PCM wants to see less than 10 kPa (1.45 psi or 2.9 inHg) of difference between that pressure sensor (in the air system) and your baro (that's on intake manifold).[/strike] So you wrote your sensor was reporting 14.5? That would mean your BARO is reading about 29, is that about right?

When you clear this code does it come back KOEO? Maybe this would indicate that one of the pressure sensors is skewed?

What should signal voltage show when pump is running and solenoid is open? Just observe the psi pid (SECONDARY AIR INJECTION PRESSURE SENSOR (PSI)). Service info states when normal air function occurs (pump on, solenoid open), the pressure should rise no more than 1.16 - 1.45 psi
So if your psi is 15 psi (nice round number) , add 1.45 to it … so the psi should be no more than 16.45 psi, with pump on and solenoid open.

When the pump is turned on but the solenoid closed, it expects the pressure to GO UP at least 2.9 PSI --- but no more than 7.25 PSI

DTC for incorrect pressure reading are snapshot while the car is running so if you're recreating with engine off, know this is not accurate.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by jreardon. Reason: wrong info strike through
The following user(s) said Thank You: autojoe

More
4 years 1 month ago #39397 by autojoe
Replied by autojoe on topic P2431
I am sorry I just read baro comparison on service information. Thanks for the detailed information. That helped explain everything. Will have to test. Thanks again. JOE

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds