Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2004 Nissan Pathfinder - Rear wiper motor stays in the park position

More
4 years 1 month ago #39316 by mharty01
The rear wiper motor was intermittently going into the “parked” position. Purchased a new rear wiper motor to find out that it too goes immediately to the parked position. Turning the ignition from off to ACC, the motor hums for 7 seconds and then shuts off. I believe the 7 second hum is the wiper motor verifying it is in the parked position. Wiper does not work with any combo switch position. I believe I possibly have a bad ground. I also believe that the car thinks the rear glass hatch is open therefore driving it into the parked position rendering it inop. I have followed the manufacturer’s inspection table with little luck. I have verified that all components function as they should (glass hatch actuator, glass hatch sensor). Time to do some voltage drop checks! Thanks in advance...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds