Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

dead cylinder 1988 22re

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #39221 by Christian77
i have a toyota 1988 22re head gasket was replaced and after everything was all ready to go started up and once it ran for a bit it had a misfire
cheked for spark on all cylinders and it was there firing order is 1-3-2-4 the only cylinder with a change was number 1 it dint run any difrent
i checked the wire the spark plug so then my concern was fuel so i plugged the scope in and it acted as if it had fuel delivery problems so i went after the injectors i conected the scope and there was mechanical movement but i replaced the number one injector just because i though maybe its clogged
compression was good about 180 i did not check the other cylinders could one tooth of on the timing do this no contribution at all?
i also made sure the fuel was getting to cylinder valve opens all the way.

any ideas thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #39225 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic dead cylinder 1988 22re
Did you also perform a leak down test? Was the head redone or just head gasket? I’d definitely check timing because I did a timing belt on a newer Toyota and off one tooth it actually cut spark off to number 6 coil.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #39227 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic dead cylinder 1988 22re

Cheryl wrote: Did you also perform a leak down test? Was the head redone or just head gasket? I’d definitely check timing because I did a timing belt on a newer Toyota and off one tooth it actually cut spark off to number 6 coil.

I never would have expected that! Good to know.

I second the leak down test for this one.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #39229 by jreardon
Replied by jreardon on topic dead cylinder 1988 22re
firing order is 1342 i think

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #39232 by Christian77
Replied by Christian77 on topic dead cylinder 1988 22re
I have not done a leak down test but I think I'll definitely try it and another thing that's on my mind maybe valves are too tight and yes the whole head was sent to the mechine shop

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds