Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 Mazda 2 P0610 error code

More
4 years 1 week ago #38942 by ygkkarthik
Hi mate,
I have recently bought a 2003 MAZDA 2 from an OLD lady who owned it for 14 years. The service history says she changed the battery twice and after that the car’s check engine light came on with P0610 code saved in the PCM. So I am trying to fix this issue. The car STARTS, RUNS, IDEALS perfectly fine but it has lack of power and acceleration and poor mileage on fuel. I tried cleaning the connectors and visually inspected the wiring in places where I can reach but the code doesn’t go off. I have observed that when it is HOT and SUNNY the code doesn’t come on but when it is of normal temperature the code comes ON and the CIL stays there. I have also tried to reset by disconnecting the battery cables and also tried to erase the code. But it still come on. I have also tried to replace the PCM with an aftermarket one. When I changed the PCM and switched the key to ON position the PCM got fried. So can you please help me to fix this issue.

Thank you,
Ganesh,
+64212059092

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago #38953 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2003 Mazda 2 P0610 error code
It got fried? :huh: As in, it started smoking? What do you mean it got fried, exactly?

P0610 refers to a vehicle options error, does that sound right? Kinda sounds like the PCM isn't happy with the as-built data it has stored, for whatever reason. :silly: What kind of scan tool do you have available?
The following user(s) said Thank You: chief eaglebear

More
4 years 1 week ago #38957 by ygkkarthik
Hi Tyler,

Thanks for your reply, yup it got fried, the circuit board is short circuited, the resistors got burnt. But when I put the original PCM back the car worked all good but the code doesn't go off. I use the TORQUE PRO to scan. So could it be the wiring harness problem? Or do I need to get the PCM reprogrammed?

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds