Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Ford Taurus IAC Issues

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #38925 by BLEE
Hello, I am working on a 2006 Ford Taurus 3.0L. The car runs great except that the idle is surging from 685 RPM's to 750 RPM's. The desired RPM's is supposed to be 704 according to the scan tool data. I also noticed that the IAC valve is surging up and down in relation to the surging of the engine. I can control the IAC at a specified duty and it runs fine, but when I return control to the PCM, it still surges. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #38926 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2006 Ford Taurus IAC Issues
Any fuel trim issues noted? Running lean from a vacuum leak/unmetered air could definitely induce a surge.

How are the idle inputs during the surge? I'm mostly thinking about the throttle position PID. Not TPS voltage, the one that indicates C/T, P/T or WOT.

New IAC? Aftermarket replacements usually just install a problem. ;)

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #38927 by BLEE
Replied by BLEE on topic 2006 Ford Taurus IAC Issues
The throttle position PID indicates CT. Short term fuel trims are around -6 to -8 percent and longer term are around 8-11 positive.

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds