Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Security light and no bus

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #38913 by Breigns
Hello everyone. So i have a 2002 Dodge Durango, manufacturer date is actually 2001. The odometer shows no bus and the security light will stay on and not allow the vehicle to run for more than 2 seconds. I check the reference wires to all the sensor and they read 5.2v. I think its the PCM that is bad. I use to be able to wiggle the black connector to the PCM and the vehicle would run. I thought one of the pins came unsoldered. To no avail I took the PCM apart and soldered all the connections. Is there any other tests that i do to ensure its the PCM? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #38914 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Security light and no bus
Before pulling the trigger on a PCM, it'd be nice to make certain that you're losing communication with the PCM, and ONLY with the PCM. Having communication with another module on the network during the no start would give me more confidence in a PCM failure.

Then I'd suggest load testing the PCM powers and grounds during the no start. We know from your voltage testing on the 5V ref that you likely do have power and ground, but it's always better to verify. ;)

Additionally, a careful visual inspection of the pins in that black connector. You were thinking about a broken solder joint in the PCM, but what if it was actually a spread female pin in that connector itself? Or a corroded pin?

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #38915 by John Curtis
If wiggling the connector worked I’d be thinking pin fitment or maybe even an open. Do you have diagrams or do you need them?

Do you have any codes? Full system scan?

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds