Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Code 0340 Camshaft position sensor bank 1

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #38825 by TG53
I'm getting several codes but thought I would start with this one. Code 0340 Camshaft position sensor bank 1. I know very little about automotive electronics and using multi-meters on them but was wondering if someone could tell me how to test my camshaft position sensor and wiring using an AstroAI DM6000AR multi-meter? I have attached a picture of the meter. Just a little extra info, I am using the chassis, drive train, and electrical system from a 2008 Ford sport trac to build a 1953 truck. All of the wiring was removed and reinstalled during the build. I pretty sure I have grounded everything but there is a chance this could be a ground problem as I have several codes to chase down that weren't there before removing the wiring from the sport trac.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #38842 by gav09
which motor? You can ohm out the sensor and the wiring. You can also measure the ac voltage of the sensor. other than that a scope would be needed

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #38843 by John Curtis
Make note of all the codes, clear them and see which ones come back. If you list all the codes it could help.

You can use a volt meter and turn the engine over slowly by hand and see if you get any change whatsoever. If you go slow enough you should see a noticeable voltage difference.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #38848 by TG53
It is a 4.6L.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds