Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1993 Ford F350 7.5L 5sp trans, cranks but no spark

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #38801 by tony.banana
Through running some tests on the spark problem and replacing the distributor, rotor, plug wires, coil, 3 ICM's, the ICM electrical connector, testing the computer relay(OK), I'm still not getting any fire from the coil. The wire from the ICM to the coil isn't showing any voltage or spark. The computer had some minor rust on it so I'm assuming I have some kind of water leak. Would the computer be messed up, or is there some other tests I should run on the ignition system. I hooked up an OBD-I to it but I never got any codes and it never showed "0" to show it ended. Thanks, Tony
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by tony.banana.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #38802 by jreardon
Check power on Red/Light Green wire at each location with a test light. Fuse probably only gets hot key on. If the power's good try disconnecting the SPOUT connector and see if spark returns. Also, are the injector's firing? Is the bottom of the ICM bolted to a nice grounded surface?

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by jreardon.

More
3 years 11 months ago #39398 by tony.banana
jreardon, Thank You for the help with my truck. As soon as I can get back to it, I'll check those wires. The SPOUT connector, is that the small plug in on one of the wires to the ICM? It's been so long since I worked on the truck, I forgot a lot about it. Thanks again for the help!

More
3 years 11 months ago #39402 by jreardon
Yup, all it does is connect those two pink wires together so computer can "talk" to the ignition control module. A jumper or shorting plug basically. Google images has lots of pics for "spout connector."

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds