Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Altima 2.5 no start

More
4 years 1 month ago #38535 by DaLong2020
223,000 miles had p0340 code, car ran but no rpm above 1,500. checked crank sensor and replaced, still ran poor replaced the other cam sensor same. Checked both sensors for proper battery voltage and grounding all good. Checked for valve movement while cranking- chain is on. Now after sitting a week the car will not start at all. I’m not sure where to go here. I just had a small code reader what am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38537 by jreardon
Replied by jreardon on topic 2002 Altima 2.5 no start
P0340 is a good clue to start with. If you clear the codes what comes back after a crank?

From the literature I believe the camshaft signal circuit design is pull-up. Meaning, with the camshaft disconnected from the harness, the white signal wire should not have voltage on it (please confirm this with the key on). Because the camshaft signal voltage comes from the sensor itself you're going to have to check the signal wire for a signal not only at the sensor but also all the way at the ECM behind the glove box to rule out an open in the wire.

I would backprobe the cam sensor with a voltmeter on this white signal wire while cranking and see if you have a signal or not, assuming power and ground is good. If no signal, check the wire for a short to ground with ohmmeter with the ecm and sensor unplugged. If you have a signal, check it at the ECM.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tutti57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds