Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Toyota Celica GTS 2zzge Random Stall

More
4 years 1 month ago #38529 by DRPAuto
ok, so ive been having alot of trouble with this car. It will stall randomly and not start back up for a while. Sometimes we've left it in a parking lot for a night to come back next day and crank it up and drive it home. It drives over 100 miles fine sometimes, then just stalls seemingly with no cause. So we have replaced all the ebay coils and plugs with oem, the MAF, Knock sensor, ECU, Fuel pump, air intake. Ive opened up the ecu to check for burned or bad capacitors or transistors. When hooked up to scan tool, when car is not cranking, everything looks perfect. KOEO maf is .39g, running idle is about 2g. ignition is 15*, coolant temp is fine and doesnt drop off, O2 sensor is cycling .1-.7 (which is sticking a bit on leaner side, but shouldnt cause a stall like this). engine speed is always there, about 200 when cranking and there are no dips when about to stall. There is a code on the new ecu for knock sensor but its been changed( not sure if this ecu uses 2 wire or single knock) same issue with old ecu. 0 misfire counter, ignition events keep counting with no issues. TPS reads fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38556 by kamiwolf0893
When you replaced the knock sensor, did you torque it down to spec? I'd start with that code first. Is it definitely getting fuel?

More
4 years 1 month ago #38557 by Cheryl
When you get it nice and hot see if you have a check engine light come on key on. Also try spraying an alternate fuel source in the intake when it’s a crank no start. If it fires go after injectors and or pump.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38558 by DRPAuto
Yep 15 ft lbs. And heres the thing. Its an intermittent issue. It can be 3 months between problem. And I never got to diagnose while problem occured. Everytime my cousin called when it happens. By the time I get there is cranks and runs. Until yesterday. Spray fuel in and it fires up. Replaced pump today and will see. It still has knock code so I think that has to do with mismatch ecu. Will try to find original ecu or verify if this ecu works with 2 wire sensor or 1. But hopefully no more shut off. Will hear back if it happens again.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds