Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

GM Serial Data Gateway Module ?

More
4 years 1 month ago #38211 by mr_william
I have a 2017 Chevy Spark. Recently the car has the following symptoms: all gauges are dead, no backup camera, radio will not shut off when you get out of the car, on start doesnt work, steering wheel controls dont work, and the info display in the dash says "CODE 95".

Took the car to the dealer where we bought it and they "think" it's the "Serial Data Gateway Module". Has anyone ever seen this happen? It appears that i have to take the dash apart to get to it. How is the new one programmed?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38223 by tech25
Do you own a scan tool?? if so what make and model??

any fault codes from said scan tool??

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #38938 by mr_william
I do not. My brother works at a shop and he was able to use his scan tool on it. It's nice tablet, sorry don't remember the name. It coughed up a bunch of stuff like cannot communicate to instrument panel. Cannot communicate to i think BCM and airbag computer.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #38940 by Tyler
I don't suppose that code scan report got saved? :huh: That could be useful if we could get a look at it.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds