Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2019 Honda Civic EX Htachback (5DR) wont start.

More
4 years 2 months ago #38087 by assem.nagi
Hello,

I have a 2019 Honda Civic EX Hatchback that will not start. I wanted to know if there was any way you can have someone come to my home and give me a home consultation and check my car out and maybe check out what the issue is with the car, as I only live about 5 minutes away from your garage. I've attached the diagnostic report I did on my tool and can't figure out what's wrong with it. If theirs also any info you can give me by looking at the diagnostic report I'd really appreciate it.

Please ask questions if they are needed to help with this issue.

Thank You :) :) :)

File Attachment:

File Name: tmp_2020-03-05.pdf
File Size:56 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 2 months ago #38091 by Noah
Anyone who may be willing to help is going to need much more information to be of any assistance.

"My car doesn't start" could reflect multiple scenarios.

Also, I would think that it would still covered by some kind of warranty being hardly a year old.

If you could expand on the problem in a bit more detail, I'm sure someone will be more than happy to assist you.

Does it crank and not start?
Does it not crank at all?
Did you check the condition of the battery and it's connections?
Is there gas in the tank?
Was there any work done or upgrades installed recently?
Any accident damage?
Did it stall while driving and not restart or just decide one day that it wasn't going to start anymore?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: assem.nagi

More
4 years 2 months ago #38112 by Cheryl
Looks like you have a pcm not communicating or. Does the check engine light come on with the key?

More
4 years 2 months ago #38116 by assem.nagi
Yes all the lights are on and it is a push to start and all I hear is a click when I try to turn it on. If their are any other questions you need to get me a step closer to solving this issue or any pics please let me know.

Thx guys.

More
4 years 2 months ago #38119 by Cheryl
Click? From inside the car? Or under the hood? You getting 12 volts to the starter s wire?? The smaller of the 2 wires going to the starter... have you checked battery voltage???

More
4 years 2 months ago #38142 by TechNick
I agree with Cheryl. PCM communication seems like it's missing judging from your scanner report. PGM-FI(programmed fuel injection) is the system not listed.

Most of the codes listed are collateral codes. Honda control units set codes like dominoes. A failed A/F sensor will throw a "PGM-FI failure" code in the AT, the EPS and SRS and all wheel steer(on Acura) will throw codes based on the AT code.

I would focus on why PGM-FI is not listed. If it's under warranty, have it towed to the dealer. If it's related to modification/collision or other warranty voiding conditions, I would start with basics. Powers and grounds to PCM. Ability to communicate. Check for shorted 5V reference.

Whats odd is that the AT and PGM-FI systems both reside in the PCM. Why would one communicate and not the other if they share similar circuits?

Those are the only thoughts I have considering that I don't have access to the vehicle.

More
4 years 2 months ago #38196 by assem.nagi
Hello, TechNick thank you for the advice on my repair the AT shows codes but when I go and try to see the systems separately the AT and PGM-FI don't communicate. I will indeed look at the power and ground for the PCM again. I recently bought a used PCM for the car and will plug it in to see if it communicates that way. Is that a good idea?

Thank you again

More
4 years 2 months ago #38198 by assem.nagi
I attached what my dash looks like I see a weird blinking on the shift position indicator where there should be a Pfor Park but instead it shows a combination of all shift positions that blinks.

Again thank you guys for the help I'm a DIY guy and love to learn this stuff everything I learn will be passed on. Thank You.
Attachments:

More
4 years 2 months ago #38199 by assem.nagi
Hello Cheryl, It just clicks once when I try to start that I can hear from the inside of the car. The voltage for everything is good to. is it wise to try to use a used PCM for the vehicle and try to see if that connects?

More
4 years 2 months ago #38230 by assem.nagi
Great news I used a used PCM from another vehicle and now the vehicle cranks but does not start but i guess that's because the immobilizer needs to be setup. Can I use the used PCM as my new PCM and just rewrite the vin or should I just buy a new one.

More
4 years 2 months ago #38236 by Cheryl
Why not get all this done for free?? It’s under warranty I’d say. I’ve used used pcm in Honda’s and write the vin with no issues. I doubt an aftermarket scanner will do all that on a 2019 but worth a shot
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
4 years 2 months ago #38237 by assem.nagi
The car was hit I bought it at an auction and thas why I can't take it to a dealer. I forgot to mention the used PCM was for a 2019 Honda Civic LX (5D) and not an EX should I just buy one from the dealer that matches my sub-model or use this one.

More
4 years 2 months ago #38238 by Cheryl
Since you have the used one already I’d try it first. See what happens

More
4 years 2 months ago #38274 by TechNick
That’s good news!

Be careful swapping PCMs from different trim levels. You may have a different pin configuration.

Used PCMs are fine. I even do them at the dealership I’m at when the customer wants to save $$$. We just can’t warranty them.

The reason why you have a crank no start is the immobilizer doesn’t recognize the replaced PCM. Need to program it. An advanced aftermarket scanner can do it, or the dealer can do it for an hour using HDS.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds