Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Onan Diesel Generator Repair -- Houston Area

More
4 years 2 months ago #37870 by LoraMoser
The small coolant leak I had from my Onan 7500 watt Quiet Diesel generator has grown worse meaning time for repair. The generator is not on a slide out tray thus it needs to be dropped out of the frame an onto the ground to remove the cover and access the engine. For the moment I have an appointment for next Thursday, 8/9/18, at Cummins Coach Care (Cummins Service Center) on I-610 on the northeast side of Houston. In addition to finding and repairing the coolant leak, what other "routine maintenance" should be performed while the generator "is on the ground"? I'm thinking replace any belts, replace coolant hoses, thermostat (presume it has one?), etc. Should the glow plug be replaced? The generator is a 2007 model and next week will be the first time the engine has ever been exposed.

Any routine maintenance items for the generator itself? Replace brushes perhaps? Or it will be wiser to replace it with the new generator ? My generator has 600 hours of use btw.

Also, for folks from the Houston area, does the Cummins Service Center provide good service? Because the generator has to be dropped to the ground to access the engine, the other RV repair businesses I've called are very reluctant to do the work.

Thanks for your thoughts / guidance!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds