Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

O2 Sensors; Circonia, Titania, Titania with heater, ZIfrconia Pre & Post CAT, Bo

More
4 years 2 months ago #37703 by Batiscafo
How do I know one from another? I have no clue and no idea how to identify them
These are on a Toyota 1995 4Runner with 3VZ-E engine.

Not a word on the FSM on this subject. Youtube goes on and on without clues to help me. All I knew is that there were O2 Sensors. Schrodinger mentions something about two types: 100-900mV; and others from 3V to 3.9 volts ???
Help will be appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 2 months ago #37728 by Noah

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf, Batiscafo

More
4 years 2 months ago #37729 by tech25
why do you start a whole new topic for your car??? I answered you on you previous topic about this
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf, Batiscafo

More
4 years 2 months ago #37738 by Batiscafo
Because in my opinion this post is something I expected to be general and of interest of many other readers/members without taking it as a specific for my case. I mention my car because
Toyota seemed to be kind of different.
Also because in many other forums if I continue on a thread that was specifically for my car they would be upset and called that hijacking the tread.

Did I violate any of this boards rules?

I appreciated your suggestions before, but I would feel better if your response was a little more on the sides of:
Please do not start a new topic if you re referring to your car that you previously posted. Or even if you referred me to read guidelines for posting which I must admit I was only using my common sense and maybe to my lack of experience and age I do not have much.

More
4 years 2 months ago #37779 by Tyler

Batiscafo wrote: Did I violate any of this boards rules?

Negative, no rules violated. :) Mostly because we don't have any specific rules pertaining to situations like this. :lol:

In general, it does help to keep discussion of a specific vehicle in a single thread. But, you're asking a more generalized question about O2 identification, using your Toyota as an example. Correct? I don't have an issue that rationale.

More
4 years 2 months ago #37806 by VegasJAK
check the VECI label under the hood... it should tell you which 02 it is using...

Toyota OE#89465 prefix is for narrowband 02's.

Toyota OE parts site says it used the narrowband 89465-39755.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds