Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

no comunication with ecm and tcm

More
4 years 3 months ago #36910 by ronald316
i have a other shop that had me come in to check this 2013 chevy equinox 4 cylinder. they took the engine out to replace rear main seal. it won t crank or start.i tested power and grounds at pcm there all good .i have 2.7 volts at can high 2.23 on can low .but i have 120 ohms on pin 6 and 14 with battery disconnected i test conunication wires at pcm for short to ground they are good what am i missing
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36912 by Cheryl
Post schematic? You tested can wires for short to ground?? 120 is not good. Check Can wires from dlc to ecm for an open I’m betting you’ll find an open or terminal issue at pcm connector
The following user(s) said Thank You: ronald316, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 3 months ago #36923 by ronald316
so as figure out how to post schematic lol

More
4 years 3 months ago #36925 by ronald316

https://dh.identifix.com/AssetDetailsViewer/GetHtmlDetails?FileLocation=LwB3AGUAYgBzAGUAcgB2AGkAYwBlAHMALwBTAHIAcwAuAFcAZQBiAFAAbABhAHQAZgBvAHIAbQAuAFcAZQBiAFMAZQByAHYAaQBjAGUAcwAuAEYAaQBsAGUATQBhAG4AYQBnAGUAcgAuAHMAdgBjAC8AUABPAFgALwBHAGUAdAA%2FAHAAcgBvAGoAZQBjAHQAPQBEAEgAQwBvAG4AdABlAG4AdAAmAGEAbQBwADsAcwBlAHMAcwBpAG8AbgBUAG8AawBlAG4ASQBkAD0AMwA0AGMAYQA2ADUAOQAxAC0AOQA5AGYAMwAtADQAZgA4AGEALQBhADYAZQBiAC0AMQA3ADkAYgAwADAANQAwAGEAMwA1AGEAJgBhAG0AcAA7AGYAaQBsAGUAPQBPAEUARABvAGMAcwAvADEAMwAwADMAMAAvAGgAdABtAGwALwBpAG0AYQBnAGUAcwAvADIAOAAxADUANwA2ADAALgBwAG4AZwA%3D&FileType=.png&ROID=247504882&VID=2417079

More
4 years 3 months ago #36926 by Tutti57
I believe you will have 120ohms if you are testing at a module that is still connected with a terminating resistor. What do you get between high and low at the dlc with the neg battery removed?

Nissan Technician

More
4 years 3 months ago #36930 by Tyler
You have an open in the network somewhere. Probably upstream of the PCM, or the PCM itself. Between the DLC and the PCM are the EBCM (ABS), Power Steering Control Module and the Automatic Transmission assembly. All of those modules must be plugged in and working for communication to make it to the PCM.

Some or all of those connectors would have been unplugged during this job, so start with a careful visual inspection. I've got money on the EBCM connector not fully seated. ;)

More
4 years 3 months ago #36939 by ronald316
i have 120ohms at dlc with batterie disconnected

More
4 years 3 months ago #36940 by ronald316
ok thanks i will check and report back

More
4 years 3 months ago #36995 by kevinedward1234
Find all power and ground terminals in the pcm connectors and or ecm and tcm connectors, use a test light to verify circuits can carry current.

More
4 years 3 months ago #37020 by ronald316
thanks i checked it with my load pro i just had them tow it my shop now i ll get it up on the hoist and check they didn t pinch anything

More
4 years 3 months ago #37029 by Cheryl
Oh by the way the link for the wiring diagram did not work

More
4 years 3 months ago #37061 by Cheryl
Unhook ebcm and check pond 11 and 14 should see 120 ohms pin 11 is ten/bk and pin 14 is to. Let us know what you get

More
4 years 3 months ago #37085 by ronald316
thanks for the help.i just figured it out.the customer has missed the pins and rammed the plug in on steering rack.straighten the pins plugged it back in started right up 60 ohms at dlc and communicating with modules now.thanks everyone

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds