Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 Silverado 4wd c0050

More
4 years 3 months ago #36703 by Thatboiiharris
Right rear speed sensor keeps flagging a code C0050 replaced EBCM module because it wouldn’t send the 12v feed out to the WSS sensor but code won’t clear all the rest are working fine
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36704 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2012 Silverado 4wd c0050
You very likely have an open circuit or high resistance in the RR WSS circuit. Have a close look at the first six inches of harness at the RR WSS connector. Chances are very good you'll find green crusties. ;) I've seen this problem happen about a dozen times now on that body style of Silverado.

So why no 12V feed to the sensor? It's part of the EBCM strategy when it detects a circuit fault. As soon as you turn the key on, the EBCM tests all the WSS circuits. Any circuit fault detected results in the EBCM disabling the 12V feed for that sensor. Deceptive, isn't it? :angry: Definitely a case of intentional shutdown.

This PI from GM has more information about this strategy, and how to catch it taking place:

www.scannerdanner.com/media/kunena/attac...7/wssdiagnostics.pdf

More
4 years 2 months ago #36867 by stioc
Replied by stioc on topic 2012 Silverado 4wd c0050
I think you're right on, reminds me of a similar situation in one of Ivan's (pine hollow auto diag) videos that threw him for a loop.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds