Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0420

More
4 years 2 months ago #36628 by Denkramer
P0420 was created by Denkramer
I have a 2013 Chevy Equinox 2.4L engine. Had a P0420 DTC. Replaced the cat, also found when I started to replace the cat the upstream O2 sensor thimble cover had melted or broke apart damaging the cat. I replaced the cat and upstream O2 sensor. Also found that the PCV system has been leaking for some time into the air box. I had to replace the valve cover because the PCV is built into the valve cover. I hooked up my scanner before and after I replace the PCV system and my short term fuel trim at idle would be less then 10% along with LTFT. Under light loads would jump up to +34% and lTFT would stay under 10%. STFT will not stay constant it goes negative then single digits and back up to +34% STFT. LTFT stays under 10% all the time. I also replaced spark plugs they looked old and worn. No coolant or oil deposits were on the spark plugs. There was a small miss before I replace the plugs and PCV system but that is not there now. I did clean out the throttle valve because you could see the oil residue in the body and in the intake manifold. Were else should I look at? The car seems to have plenty of power. I don't think it is a fuel delivery problem but what about a leaking injector? I am concerned about the STFT numbers they are all over the place pikes and valleys. Has anyone seen this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #36630 by VegasJAK
Replied by VegasJAK on topic P0420
fuel pump issue... check fuel pressure readings.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds