Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

[FIXED] Ford Mondeo 1997 20L- Baro

• Noah
  • Noah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4879 by Noah
Let me move this thread to the repair section for you! ;)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Noah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Interrupt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4883 by Interrupt
Sorry I thought it was the repair section?? :oops:

So I've copied and replied to this message with my original questions!!!! :whistle:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Interrupt.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4884 by Interrupt
How is baro calculated / which sensor gives baro on the above vehicle(does it have a dedicate sensor or is calculated via a map sensor at ignition on and wide open?)

We at sea level or very close to and this thing is reporting baro of 78Kpa(I believe this pressure relates to an elevation of 1800m)

The car has no fault codes, fuel trims long and short are < 10% (less than). no drop outs of accelerator position sensor and it has the nastiest hesitation/flat spot it is so vicious it is like the ignition is be switched of during acceleration.

Any idea of a starting point for this job would be great.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4885 by Tyler
Doing research on this one will be tough, since they don't sell the Mondeo in the US :( BUT, Wikipedia tells me that the two engines the '97 Mondeo came with are both MAF systems (at least on US model vehicles).

That means it's possible that there is no BARO sensor, and that the BARO reading is actually calculated based off the MAF reading at high loads. Whenever we see a skewed BARO reading on a Ford, we can usually figure there's a MAF problem, or a volumetric efficiency problem.

The trouble is that the symptom you're describing doesn't really sound like a MAF issue to me. :unsure: More like a cam/crank sensor dropping out intermittently. Unless the MAF signal is dropping out completely, and I'd expect to see a MAF code for that.

Any scan data available during the hesitation/flat spot? Maybe we can spot a good direction to go in from that.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4889 by Interrupt

Any scan data available during the hesitation/flat spot? Maybe we can spot a good direction to go in from that.

No I didn't save any because the only thing that stood out was that crazy baro reading!! , I can try get some any particular pids ?
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Interrupt.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #4937 by Interrupt
Just thought I'd report back and let you know this on is fixed....turns out the good old visual did the trick we noticed the wire insulation on almost ever sensor and injector has aged/weathered and bearing copper. The TPS wiring was shorting under acceleration. After a dab of silicon around the exposed copper to insulate wires seems to have stop the fault. Why no fault code for this .....why the crazy baro reading....I don't know but the car is running great now!!>>>>>??
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Interrupt.

• Noah
  • Noah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 3 months ago #4942 by Noah
Can't argue with results!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds