Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Explorer EB 4.0L

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #36578 by Msober1
Have 4.0L Explorer with no DTC no driveabilty problems. No vac leak, clean TB good Temp sensor. When cold start engine rpm goes as high as 2600rpm. Scan reads desired cold RPM 1385 but actual will go 2100 to 2600. Warm engine start normal. Does anyone have any good cold start data from a good running Explorer 4.0 ETB or any help. I’m not sure if anyone before me has done anything to the TB like tried to adjust the stop screw. I contacted Standard Motor Products tech’s at their TB rebuild shop and asked if they had any settings for that idle or minimal blade opening set point and guess what they don’t touch it because it’s set by OEM. I said what if someone screwed with it he said they can’t. Ha ha ha in my 45 years of mechanical work if it has a adjustment screw someone will fu$k with it.
Any help before I go to get Ford dealer and order one. Ty also wanted to add I’ve done the Ford throttle relearn.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Msober1. Reason: Just wanted to add info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #36579 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2006 Explorer EB 4.0L
Almost sounds like a intake gasket leak when cold then seals up when warm. Any chance you can smoke it cold??

More
4 years 2 months ago #36582 by Msober1
Replied by Msober1 on topic 2006 Explorer EB 4.0L
Sorry I didn’t list that. I did that all ready. I don’t understand why the in less than 1min it comes down to close to desired like 1400 to 1500. More like 20 or 40 seconds.

More
4 years 2 months ago #36583 by Msober1
Oh damn and ty for the reply

More
4 years 2 months ago #36590 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2006 Explorer EB 4.0L
What’s the tps read? When it’s high idling...

More
4 years 2 months ago #36608 by Msober1
Ty for the reply Cheryl. Okay the warm KOEO tps is 1.25v the
ECT_ACT* is 7.42 and ECT_DSD* is 7.63
APP2v is 1.5
APP3v is .92

KOER tps .81v
ECT_ACT* is 1.67and ECT_DSD* is 1.62
APP2v is 1.5
APP3v is .92

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds