Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 Chevy Malibu

More
4 years 3 months ago #36508 by Carfreek
2010 Chevy Malibu was created by Carfreek
Have a 2010 Chevy Malibu with a 2.4 ecotec last night it died wouldn't restart. Unplugged camshaft sensor car started. So was looking for a wiring schematic for the crank and camshaft sensors so I can diagnose this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36509 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2010 Chevy Malibu
Replace cam sensor it’ll fix it. I seen a few of these do the same thing as yours...

More
4 years 3 months ago #36513 by Carfreek
Replied by Carfreek on topic 2010 Chevy Malibu
I replaced the cam sensor and still does same thing after replacing the sensor engine computer have to go through a relearn after replacing the cam sensor?

More
4 years 3 months ago #36546 by Carfreek
Replied by Carfreek on topic 2010 Chevy Malibu
On my 2010 Malibu I replaced the cam sensor does the computer have to go through a relearn. After I replaced the sensor it reacts same as before I replaced the sensor

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #36550 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2010 Chevy Malibu
No relearn required.
Here is an excerpt from a technical service bulletin from GM about a crank no start condition on this engine with correct timing.
I haven't seen this issue on one of these yet but according to the bulletin, the camshaft reluctor wheel can sometimes slip on the camshaft.
It looks to be very difficult to verify by visual inspection without a known good engine to compare to.

#PIP4548G: MIL On With DTC P0016 And/Or P0017 Setting On A Properly Timed Engine Or Crank No Start - (Jan 8, 2019)
Subject: MIL On With DTC P0016 And/Or P0017 Setting On A Properly Timed Engine Or Crank No Start
"If the engine cranks and runs with one of the camshaft position solenoids or mass air flow sensor unplugged, then typically that sensor is faulty.

If the engine starts and runs with one of the camshaft position sensors unplugged, then the camshaft position sensor that is unplugged is faulty or the reluctor has spun/shifted for the associated camshaft. Replace the suspect camshaft position sensor or swap the intake and exhaust camshaft position sensors with each other. Note: If the intake and exhaust camshaft position sensors are swapped with each other and the engine starts and runs with both of them plugged in, the camshaft position sensor currently in the intake location is faulty.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed."

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Noah.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds