Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 Ford Excursion 6.8L P0720 Code and Engine Idle

More
4 years 3 months ago #36503 by Jonathankoren
New to the Forum! I have been having this ongoing issue with my truck which throws a P0720 code (and Overdrive Light) and truck also off and on shakes at idle (feel it under front cabin).
I have been to multiple local mechanics who dont know their head from their tail on this car. Looking for dianosis and repair if possible you can refer me to someone. Please advise.
I have swapped batteries, alternators (not OEM Ford), speed sensors and wire, had fuse box repaired, cleaned maf sensor, installed new Idle Air Control, installed 1 new oxygen sensor, cleaned throttle body, installed new fuel filter. Car also gives off a light buzzing sound when radio on and gets louder as accelarating. Any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36506 by Cheryl
Light buzzing noise in the radio might be coming from the alternator. Try unhooking alternator and see if the buzz goes away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds