Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Transmission controls on Dodge Avenger 2008

More
4 years 3 months ago #36394 by james.hayes
Po760. Po871. Po760 Po 700

I don’t think I’m understanding limp mode on Tran controls... the vehicle has only second gear. What I’ve done.... I’ve check my voltage at the Tran control wire. Yellow/ org. Test light comes on but 2 seconds later no voltage. Is that limp mode?? Is it possible to send a really short video to u... I’ll pay for someone to call me that knowledgeable.. I have a bi directional scanner. But I’m lacking some wisdom on this trans system. 601-862-6495 hayes mobile auto repair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36414 by Cheryl
Got code setting criteria and wiring diagram??

More
4 years 3 months ago #36422 by james.hayes
Yes, and bi direction scan tool

More
4 years 3 months ago #36436 by Cheryl
So what’s it take to set the code?

More
4 years 3 months ago #36437 by james.hayes
Immediately after code is erased... all there are two overdrive wires connected to the module trans.. One of those were broken would that cause the vehicle to go into limp mode?

More
4 years 3 months ago #36438 by james.hayes
Do you have any videos on this type of transmission module that I can watch.. i’m going to treat this diagnostic like a throttlebody lit mode . I’ll check u posted... I think I just freak out cuz I’m overwhelmed with work.. thank for all ur help! And advise

More
4 years 3 months ago #36439 by Cheryl
So your saying one of the wires from tcm to overdrive solenoid was broke? Yea anything with a trans circuit can cause limp mode in later model vehicles

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #36489 by Noah
I haven't had time to review this video, but maybe it will help

#edit, likely not your problem. The code for the van in the video is for the TCM relay circuit.
Your codes are related to shift solenoid C.
If you've got broken wires on the transmission harness, I would start there.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Noah. Reason: Looked up code definitions

More
4 years 3 months ago #36492 by james.hayes
Yes, I watched it three times. Haven’t found the issue yet... check resistance on all the wires connected to the transmission control solenoid pack.. out of frustration LOL I replaced all the wires... opened up the wiring harness and I found nothing... now I’m looking at the PCM or the TIPM. Going to check the line pressure switch for 5 V reference and checking the ground tomorrow wish me luck.. this job is kicking my ass.. but it’s a learning experience so I’ll except the challenge ... I’ll post a video on u tube tomorrow night... fixed or not so if u have time please check it out.
If there is a way I can send it directly to u , please let me know.... I’ll make it short ok. Thx

More
4 years 3 months ago #36512 by james.hayes
Thx, it was a good video.. somewhat helpful. Thank u

More
4 years 3 months ago #36530 by james.hayes
I’ve checked everything that I know.. I have power going to the transmission module for two seconds, I checked resistance on the trans-module to the PCM even replaced For those wires.. I don’t have any PCM failure code or anything like that.. Check the pressure sensor I do have 5 V onto the pins and a good ground period should I be replacing the computer at this point or the Timp?? Frustrated

More
4 years 3 months ago #36531 by jreardon

james.hayes wrote: Po760. Po871. Po760 Po 700

You wrote P0760 twice, did you mean to type P0706?

The code description for P0871 says "Limp-in condition will only occur if DTC P0871 is present with a DTC P0706."

Have you checked the resistance of the solenoids, specifically the one for the Over Drive (P0760) for any oddities?

Pcm tests the solenoids by "The continuity of the solenoid circuits is periodically tested. Each solenoid is turned on or off depending on its current state. An inductive spike should be detected by the PCM during this test."
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knm5hri-IIw&feature=youtu.be&t=497

Maybe scope the control wire for OD circuit and see how high spike goes to and compare to the other solenoids?

See attachments for code set criteria and oe diagrams.

More
4 years 3 months ago #36532 by james.hayes
I can pay for ur time for a phone call.. 100.00 by cash app or pay pal up front.. I don’t like changing parts I don’t need to be changed and I usually can find a problem quickly but I’m totally lost at this point.. I unplugs the transmission control connector and inserted my power probe.. I get no readings at all not even a ground tone.. that doesn’t sound right to me.. ?? 6018626495 hayes mobile auto repair

More
4 years 3 months ago #36533 by jreardon
So you replaced all the wires but which codes keep coming back when you clear them? Ohm the solenoid?

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds