Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

08 ford fusion - pats issue

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4800 by 1mouse3
on a 08 ford fusion that had a bad pcm, it was due to having a blow coil driver that was holding the coil on. the owner got a new program matched pcm and a ford key made of gold from the dealer. I have launch x431 pro3 and believe it should work, the special functions in smart junction box has programmable model installation that pcm was a option to continue and in the cluster was pats functions. in the pats functions I can do things like program in new keys and clear out keys, i believe keys get erased and both key are programed in,. I followed what it had to say and waiting 10 each try. I tried it 3 times erasing the keys and trying again programing in the keys, am I missing something. codes i am finding after are eased are u2510 u1900 p1260 p1657
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by 1mouse3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4802 by cheryl hartkorn
who programmed the pcm? you did the programmable module installation with your launch? there should be a pid showing how many keys are programmed in the pcm. I had the exact issue on a 2004 explorer. tried programming keys multiple times and turned out one of the keys was bad

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #4803 by 1mouse3
Replied by 1mouse3 on topic 08 ford fusion - pats issue
the pcm was programed by the person that sold it and was benched tested. I did the programmable module installation after the first time clearing and reprogramming keys since it seemed like it need to be done. I did not think to look for a pid of keys since it had a notification of 8 key total and 2 programed, it also errors me out of programming new keys saying the there stored all ready.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by 1mouse3.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4804 by cheryl hartkorn
im wondering since its an aftermarket scanner. could you put the old pcm back in clear the keys then program them to that pcm and see if the tool is really doing it. I had an autel scanner say it was successful when adding keys but really it wasn't. because the keys I added didn't even start the car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1mouse3

More
7 years 4 months ago #4805 by 1mouse3
yes i can do that and will see when I will go back to it, so that can test that new key on the old pcm and see what happens

More
7 years 4 months ago #4806 by cheryl hartkorn
thinking of getting the launch. does it have good domestic coverage? functions

More
7 years 4 months ago #4808 by 1mouse3
I have not come across much issues for domestic coverage yet on it to mention and most the bidirectional options work that I have tried.

More
7 years 4 months ago #4809 by cheryl hartkorn
snap on way to pricey for me and has holes in the software

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds