Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1997 Nissan Pick up 2WD 2.4L Clutch hydraulic issue

More
4 years 4 months ago #36081 by joshuamal
All, I’m working on this 1997 Nissan pick up truck and there’s an issue with the clutch hydraulics trying to get to build pressure. After replacing the fluid as it was too nasty an adding the new fluid it has lost the pressure. I have bled the master at the vehicle and at slave drive but the pedal pressure doesn’t build up as it stays down. Before the Procedure the pressure was fine and vehicle normal until replacing the fluid. Never had this problem before .
After doing some research, there’s a dampening valve with a bleeding port, I have not attempted to bleed from it but have seen other people online eliminating this device. Should I try to bleed from it and eliminate it ? At last I did ordered a new master and slave drive in case both are bad. Any inputs or ideas are welcome.
Thanks and merry Christmas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #36091 by Andy.MacFadyen
Sometimes bleeding a well used master cylinder by pumping the pedal can cause the seals to fold over.
To test a mastercylinder Remove the pipe union at the mastercylinder and replace it with a bleed nipple and bleed it if the pedal is solid the master cylunder is good.

These days I always use a top down pressure bleeded to bleed both brakes and clutches it saves a huge amount of time. Pressure bleed tools are available at prices to suit both DIY and frequent pro workshop use.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 4 months ago #36101 by joshuamal
Andy or anyone,
I’ll try that suggestion on the master cylinder. I have come across videos online and articles about eliminating the clutch damper valve, what is your opinion?
Also I never had an issue with bleeding brakes before as I been using a plastic bottle and hose submerged with fluid. Now, I did tried bleeding the damper valve after my post using my bleeding method but didn’t do anything which I also used on the slave drive pumping the pedal several times with the hose on it as I do the brakes. Basically I open the valve and pump pedal perhaps 20 times with the bottle connected to it and still didn’t have a pedal. Is there something I’m doing wrong?
What is this top and down pressure bleeding tool and where you get it from? Also, I have not try a vacuum pump yet, will that work?
Anyone any inputs are welcome. Thanks in advance.

More
4 years 4 months ago #36235 by Tutti57
I saw something similar to this where the tech thought the reservoir was full, but there was a separate back chamber that went to the clutch and it was hard to see that it wasn't full. As soon as we got the whole thing filled up with fluid it bled fine. Are you getting any fluid out at all?

Nissan Technician

More
4 years 4 months ago #36237 by joshuamal
Thanks for your input, already took care of it. It did take about two hours to bleed system manually.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds