Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2016 Chevy traverse intermittent stiff brake pedal

More
4 years 4 months ago #35984 by Natediesel
Customer complaint is when first started in the morning brake pedal is rock hard and will not depress and apply brakes. If she pushes on pedal and puts it into gear fast car will start rolling with no brakes. She throws it back into park, tries again and it's fine. Never does it at highway speeds or at stops.I cannot resimulate the complaint. Now she says it did it once at 70 mph when she had to hard stop. Keep in mind this has an electric vacuum pump not the mechanical one that has been destroying brake boosters with oil intrusion. Vacuum pump is working, can anyone think of another problem besides an abs wheel sensor falling out? I do not have a bidirectional scantool to watch all 4 wheel sensors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35989 by Cheryl
If you don’t have a scanner that can read live data I’d tee in a vacuum gauge between booster and line see when problem occurs if you have vacuum to booster or not. If you do I’d say booster is at fault if not you will need to check vacuum pump circuit

More
4 years 4 months ago #36004 by Natediesel
Thank you, I do have an actron II which will read live data, freeze frame, just can't use to watch oscillations, square waves, etc. What would you suggest watching on live data?

More
4 years 4 months ago #36009 by Cheryl
Brake booster vacuum from the brake booster sensor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natediesel

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds