Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Range Rover p0341 p0366

More
4 years 4 months ago #35733 by Natewagn
I have a 2012 Rover with the codes p0341 and p0366 which are codes for the bank 1 intake and exhaust camshaft position sensors so I went into my scan tool and graphed the two sensors data. Both sensors go from reading accurate cam angle(based on data from bank 2) to dropping to zero and then back to accurate readings. I have an old lab scope which I used to check for inconsistent signals from the sensors but only saw matching patterns to bank 2. I also check resistance of the wiring to the ecu.
I should also not that the truck runs perfectly.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35737 by VegasJAK
Replied by VegasJAK on topic Range Rover p0341 p0366
this could be the cam sensor wiring running too close to a secondary ignition source to a broken or damaged reluctor wheel on the cam, a loose connector at the pcm or the sensor.

If you only have the check engine light and no prolonged cranking or poor fuel usage check the routing of the wiring and connections. Reset the code then do the touch test. Touch along the wiring to the sensor without relocating it and see if the code sets. If its shorting, you will get the code.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does
The following user(s) said Thank You: Natewagn

More
4 years 4 months ago #35741 by Andy.MacFadyen
My first thoughts are powers and grounds , both sensors will be supplied with powers and ground from the same section of sub harness so it looks like a wiring or connector issue.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Natewagn

More
4 years 4 months ago #35750 by steve
Replied by steve on topic Range Rover p0341 p0366
Chain or belt?
P0341 and P0366 are range/performance codes, sounds more like a mechanical timing sync issue to me.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds