Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

03 Tacoma 3.4L DOHC fuel system Prime

More
4 years 3 months ago #35688 by Otbrecords
There might not be any stupid questions and only stupid answers but I feel dumb for asking this question. I currently have my fuel filter removed in preparation to Drane the tank of gas. Connected a hose to metal tubing coming from pump/tank with fuel hose ran into gas can and with a wire jumping the EFI relay.. No gas was flowing into the can so I proceeded to replace the relay and turn key to on I noticed I wasn't priming. Am I missing something isn't it supposed to Prime? What turns on the fuel pump if not the EFI relay? The C/OPN relay? Does MAF play any role in prime and if so then what? What's keeping my pump from priming? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #35691 by Chad
You're on the right track. ;) There is another relay, called the "Circuit Opening" relay, that needs to be jumped. The EFI relay supplies power the Circuit Opening relay, among other things.

File Attachment:

File Name: 03Tacoma3.4.pdf
File Size:845 KB

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Chad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds