Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

03 Envoy 4.2 p0104 p0172. 260k miles

More
4 years 4 months ago #35677 by Doodah14
I'm wondering if any has any ideas on this. Map code, rich code, (trim seems to hang around -16) I noticed the air box was full of what looked and smelled like exhaust. I took off the Pcv hose and it appears that the exhaust it coming from inside the engine. It actually runs decent. Under hard load it seems like it could have a little more power. But nothing I would really complain about. The vacuum at idle is steady 20inhg. While brake torquing at 2k rpm it drops to about 10in. (I'm not sure if this is good or bad) I made a small video of the exhaust leak. Any help would be great. It's a very good customer. And I'd love to give him an answer. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35678 by Chad
Did you mean P0105?

The vacuum at idle is steady 20inhg.

Is this with a vacuum gauge, or Scan Data?

What voltages do you read while backprobing on the Lt Green wire of the MAP sensor? Take a reading during KOEO, and idling.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 years 4 months ago #35699 by Doodah14
Yes 105 code. Sorry. Scan data shows map voltage 4.8ish koeo and 1.2 at idle. Scope read the same on the green wire. The vacuum readings I gave were with a guage attached to the brake booster port on the intake. The video doesn't do the exhaust in the crankcase justice. I think the lighting is messing with it. When I took the air box off it was full of exhaust. The TB was very dirty. So I took it off to clean it. When i removed it exhaust rolled out from the intake. I put the TB and air box back on. (Still rich) re did the vacuum test to check for a plugged exhaust and the vacuum holds steady at various rpms, and loaded or unloaded. up to 2500. It drops to 10 ish depending on rpm,but it holds steady. (Not jumping or falling slow) At idle there is a rhythmic puff of exhaust coming out of the oil cap, and the pcv outlet that is in the video.

More
4 years 4 months ago #35700 by Doodah14
Yes 105 code. Sorry. Scan data shows map voltage 4.8ish koeo and 1.2 at idle. Scope read the same on the green wire. The vacuum readings I gave were with a guage attached to the brake booster port on the intake. The video doesn't do the exhaust in the crankcase justice. I think the lighting is messing with it. When I took the air box off it was full of exhaust. The TB was very dirty. So I took it off to clean it. When i removed it exhaust rolled out from the intake. I put the TB and air box back on. (Still rich) re did the vacuum test to check for a plugged exhaust and the vacuum holds steady at various rpms, and loaded or unloaded. up to 2500. It drops to 10 ish depending on rpm,but it holds steady. (Not jumping or falling slow) At idle there is a rhythmic puff of exhaust coming out of the oil cap, and the pcv outlet that is in the video.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds